Obstetrical & Gynecological Malpractice
Our OBGYN Malpractice Attorneys Offer Empathetic Legal Help
It’s difficult to dispute the argument that because of their child-carrying abilities, women’s reproductive issues are more complicated than men’s. This is the reason why Obstetricians and gynecologists exist – to provide assistance with the many issues women face in relation to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, menstruation, gynecological diseases and cancer. Not only that, but OBGYNs are expected to protect the health of unborn babies as well.
What Constitutes OBGYN Medical Malpractice?
If your OBGYN physician did not provide proper care for you, and his or her actions resulted in a medical issue, disease or exacerbated condition, you can seek help with the compassionate Chicago medical malpractice lawyers at the Offices of Steven J. Malman and Associates. There are many forms of OBGYN malpractice. Some of the most common we’ve come across include:
- Reading test results incorrectly
- Inadequate follow up after surgery or childbirth
- Failure to diagnose a serious condition such as cervical cancer, breast cancer or tubal pregnancy
- Surgical mistakes during hysterectomy, tubal ligation, C-section, etc.
- Childbirth or surgery did not include proper emergency protocol
- Incorrect medication
- Failure to test for drug interactions
- Too much or too little medication
- Lack of proper or frequent pap smears
- Lack of fetal disease testing such as Cerebral Palsy or Down’s syndrome
- Failure to screen for ovarian, fallopian, vaginal or other cancer
Unfortunately, gynecological and obstetric malpractice can result in permanent damage. Loss of reproductive ability, birth injuries, or a serious birth defect to your child (such as cerebral palsy) can all be consequences of a medical mistake.
If you have experienced one of the situations above, or another instance that you suspect could have been prevented, you are not alone. Call on one of our qualified malpractice lawyers in Illinois. We care about you, your baby and your health. We have been fighting for our personal injury clients for almost 20 years, and we can help you get the reimbursement you deserve.
Don’t settle for insufficient insurance payouts. Bring the responsible party to justice and secure the settlement your deserve. Reach out to us today. Call toll-free: 1-888-MALMAN LAW (625-6265) or at (312) 629-0099 to schedule a free consultation about your OBGYN medical malpractice issue.